Sunday, October 12, 2008

Safely back on shore - on the other side of the stream


It's a huge relief to get to the end of the programme more-or-less on time. At first I thought, "of course I can do it," but quickly found myself treading water - out of my comfort zone and into unknown realms. So, doing the programme has been like medicine - necessary to get better - but also a journey into new territory where the vistas change constantly, the horizon is always a long way off and it's exciting!
I enjoyed Image generator, Wikis, Flickrvision and will go back to RSS feeds and podcasts to better understand them. I may use them in the library.
The Facebook and Bebo exercise was helpful as I will use these basic skills in the future with my volunteer work and family. I am pleased to have enrolled for the course and to finish it - thanks for the opportunity.

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

It was great to see that "treading water" soon become a 100 m sprint!

Congratulations on a wonderful blog. We have enjoyed your descriptive and thoughtful comments and your positive attitude to these new technologies has made the medicine "sweeter".

This is only the start of the journey - keep exploring.