Wednesday, August 27, 2008

RSS Feeds

I found this exercise very interesting, but it does take a lot of time to look at the examples cited and others, and choose which feeds to add to my bloglines account. I'm not sure how useful I will find RSS feeds, but they certainly have possibilities for gathering data and especially opinions.

Some of the topics on topix.net attracted the sort of red-neck comments you hear on bad talk back sessions - the sooner I could get away from it (these were from New Zealand too) the better. On the other hand I liked the feeds that listed life stories in 6 words - they were clever and fun.

It will be good to look at my blogline site and see what marvellous tidbits it brings up in the next few weeks but for serious searching I will stick to other ways for now

No comments: